CMC Aluminium Systems take your data privacy seriously.
CMC Aluminium Systems is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for the purposes of handing personal information. This site is owned and operated by CMC Aluminium Systems Ltd. (registered number: ZA441937)
Personal data is information relating to an identifiable living individual. Whenever personal data is held, processed, collected, recorded, stored or disposed of it must be done within the terms of the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998.
You may at any time request details of personal information that we hold about you by forwarding us your request in writing. If you find any errors in your personal data, we promise to put them right in our records.
The Data Protection Act requires us to process your personal data fairly and lawfully.
By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you permit us to:
- Process your personal information for the purposes of managing and progressing your order.
- Maintain accurate, relevant and up to date records of your personal information.
- Disclose your information to such parties and organisations as we believe necessary to process your order. This may include an architect, builders, system suppliers and main contractors.
- Maintain your records for as long as necessary to process your order.
- Disclose your information to third parties for the purposes of debt recovery in the event our invoice(s) are not paid when due.
- We may contact you regarding other services offered by us if you have opted-in via our website or other marketing activities.
You may notify us at any time if you wish to unsubscribe.
Please contact us by letter to:
CMC Aluminium Systems Ltd,
Unit 2 Harvest Works,
by email at: info@cmcaluminium;
or by telephone us on 01246 555255
Your privacy is very important to us and we will never sell your details onto third parties.
CMC Aluminium Systems recognises the importance of protecting your personal information and is totally committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with data protection laws.
Who is collecting the data?
Business name: CMC Aluminium Systems Ltd
Business address: Unit 2 Harvest Works, Callywhite Lane, Dronfield, S18 2XR
Business telephone number: 01246 555255
Website address is: www.cmcaluminium.co.uk
Company registration number: 02911045
CMC Aluminium Systems use your personal data:
- to provide a complete your order for you;
- to enable us to communicate with you and keep you up to date with progress with your order;
- to tailor our website to you;
- for crime and fraud prevention purposes;
- for market research purposes to allow us to better understand your needs;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (e.g. a legal dispute or investigation).
- to improve our products, processses and procedures;
What information is being collected?
- Data supplied direct from you by completing the Enquiry Page on our website:
- your name, email address and phone number.
- Data supplied direct from you when on site, or via email or telephone:
- your name, address and email.
- Payment details;
- Information from other contractors that relate to works being undertaken.
- Your website browsing activities. Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website.
- Your communication and marketing preferences.
- Your communication and correspondence with CMC Aluminium Systems.
- Other publicly available personal data, including any that you have shared via a public platform such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How is it collected?
The data is collected from:
- the information you provide us with on the Enquiry Page of our website;
- the information that you provided us on ordering;
- additional information that you may advise us whilst the work is being undertaken to assist us fulfil your order;
- information that may be provided by third parties – for example, a main contractor or architect.
- like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. Cookies are files which contain small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Why is it being collected?
We collect your data:
- to progress your order as requested by you;
- to allow us to contact you for further information to progress your order;
- to allow us to contact any third parties to progress the order – for example our suppliers.
- to send you updates and communications regarding your order;
- to send statements and invoice(s) to you;
How will it be used?
- To process your order in line with our Terms and Conditions.
- To contact, obtain relevant information, negotiate, agree resolution(s) with any relevant third parties within the supply chain for your order.
- To provide us with aggregated statistical information for analysis.
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using visiting – http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
- This website uses Mouseflow, a website analytics tool that provides session replay, heatmaps, funnels, form analytics, feedback campaigns, and similar features/functionality. Mouseflow may record your clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, form fills (keystrokes) in non-excluded fields, pages visited and content, time on site, browser, operating system, device type (desktop/tablet/phone), screen resolution, visitor type (first time/returning), referrer, anonymized IP address, location (city/country), language, and similar meta data. Mouseflow does not collect any information on pages where it is not installed, nor does it track or collect information outside your web browser. If you’d like to opt-out, you can do so at: https://mouseflow.com/opt-out.
- We use a Facebook Pixel (tracking code), which is an analytics tool that helps us measure the effectiveness of our advertising on Facebook. We use the Facebook pixel to track visitors from Facebook to our website. We do not control the cookies for social media sites such as Facebook and we recommend that you check the provider’s website for further information. You can check the privacy setting for Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy
- Website – we use a third-party service, 1&1 Internet Services, to publish our website and blogs. These sites are hosted at 1&1 Internet Services.
Who will it be shared with?
To process your order, we may share your data with the following:
- members of staff;
- third parties in the supply chain;
- our accountants / auditors;
- our solicitors;
- our IT specialist and software suppliers;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights;
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders;
- for the protection of our employees and clients;
Embedded content from other websites
If you follow a link from one of our websites to a third-party website, we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or the services that they represent. We recommend that you read their privacy policies before browsing their websites. We embed YouTube videos on our website.
People who contact us via social media
People who email us
We use TMD Hosting to encrypt and protect email traffic.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email that you send us is within the bounds of the law.
Customer satisfaction surveys
How long will we retain your data for?
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing, complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in the countries where we do business, subject to the following maximum terms:
- we will keep your enquiry details for 24 months where no service is provided;
- we will keep analytics records for 6 years;
- we will keep client records for 10 years where our services are provided;
- we will keep information relating to a complaint for two years from closure.
How we protect your data
CMC Aluminium Systems is totally committed to keeping your Personal Information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration, and ensure it is only accessible by those who have a business need.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.
Technical measures: TMD hosting to host our website.
- encryption of data;
- Security of the website
Hardcopies: Personal data that is held in paper form is kept in locked cabinets, within locked, and alarmed premises.
CCTV is also in use on the site.
Training: Staff have been made aware of the data protection regulations through the inclusion in the staff handbook.
What rights do you have over your data?
- Your right of access – you may ask for a copy of personal data hold about you.
- Your right to be forgotten – your right to request that we erase personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Your right of rectification – your right to request us to update and correct out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- Your right to object – your right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using or holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so.
- Your right to restrict processing – which means we would continue to keep the data secure but would not otherwise be able to use it.
- Your right to data portability – your right to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a readable digital format and / or to provide a copy of the data to another organisation.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights stated above, please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ details shown below.
If you apply for a role with us, we will collect the following information to enable us to process your application efficiently and provide you with additional information:
· Your full name
· Your title
· Your address;
· Your telephone number;
· Your email address;
· Other personal data (Including nationality and gender);
· Special category data (used for monitoring purposes, including ethnic origin, religion and sexual orientation);
· Any additional information required to process your application (including academic and professional qualifications, career history, skills and experience for the role applied for, your right to work, any disability (optional), and where you saw the vacancy advertisement);
Where we request special category data, you have the option in each case to select ‘other’ or ‘prefer not to say’.
If you are selected for interview, we have a legal obligation to collect and process information which proves your right to work including a work permit, copy of a passport or a copy of a visa.
If the company or substantially all its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of the company may continue to use your Personal Information as in this policy.
Right to Complain
If you feel that we have not handled your personal data compliantly, please let us know and
we will investigate your complaint.
The Data Protection Officer,
CMC Aluminium Systems,
Unit 2 Harvest Works,
By Email: info@cmcaluminium.
By Phone: 01246 588568
We promise to do our utmost to resolve the issue and put things right.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within five business days of receipt, advising you of who will be looking into your concern.
- We will investigate your concern and, by the end of eight weeks, will issue you with a final response or an explanation why we still cannot make a final response.
- After this time you can contact Derbyshire Trading Standards . We are a member of Derbyshire Trusted Traders.Derbyshire County Council
Trading Standards Service
- 01629 533190
Complaint procedures and data handling
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. We may compile statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information relating to a complaint for two years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
The Data Protection Officer,
CMC Aluminium Systems Ltd,
Unit 2 Harvest Works,
By Email: info@cmcaluminium
By Phone: 01246 555255